Please Vote for the Pet News of the Week!
Please vote for one of the following Pet News of the Week candidates by (1) sending an e-mail to email@example.com or (2) calling the WCLV Contest Line at 1-800-343-WCLV (9258) and leaving a message. The winner will be announced on WCLV Monday, July 18 at 7:20 a.m. EDT and posted here. Your five Pet News contenders:
- Lulu, the elderly, blind, Golden Retriever who wandered away from her Alaska home three weeks ago, and who was found in bushes down an embankment by a construction crew;
- The penguins at a Japanese aquarium who are refusing to eat a cheaper kind of mackerel, chosen by management to replace the penguins’ usual favored mackerel, which now costs 30% more than it did last year;
- Belyi, the white husky belonging to a family from Ukraine, who was waiting for his family on their doorstep recently after they had fled their home in March following the Russian invasion;
- Rowdy, the black cat who survived on her own for three weeks at Boston’s Logan Airport after escaping her travel crate on a flight from Germany to Boston in June. Airport officials obtained traps on loan from a local animal rescue league. Rowdy was caught and is to be reunited with his owner this weekend;
- Cheddar, the rare, bright orange lobster spared from the dinner plate at a Red Lobster restaurant in Hollywood, Fla., and who will live out her days at an aquarium in Myrtle Beach, S. C.